TENTATIVE 2017 – 6 Cylinder Stock
- OPEN TO ALL V6 (6 Cylinder) American made front wheel drive steel bodied cars from 1990 and newer with a minimum wheel base of 2615mm or 103″. Only cars made by General Motors, Ford, and Dodge are eligible, regardless of manufacturer. No convertibles or SUV’s. This class is designed to be a pure stock class using all factory computer controls. If you are not clear as to what type of car this is please call the Tech Inspector.
- DRIVERS COMPETING IN THIS DIVISION WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RACE IN ANY OTHER WEEKLY DIVISION. THIS DIVISION IS DESIGNED FOR THE RACER WHO HAS A SMALL BUDGET AND WANTS TO COMPETE IN A WEEKLY SERIES.
- Body lines must remain stock. Rocker panels must be stock, but may be covered with sheet metal to repair rusted areas. Rocker covers must be affixed using an appropriate number of steel rivets. Rocker panel covers may not extend closer to the ground then the stock frame rail. VIN number tag must remain on the firewall of windshield base. No body panels below frame rails, stock rocker panels only.
- No cowl openings or hood scoops, no bolts or other supports to raise hoods at windshield.
- All glass must be removed except windshield. Windshield may be replaced with Lexan. Windshield must be supported as stated in street stock rules.
- All headlights, door handles and body trim must be removed. Light openings can be covered with aluminum or tin.
- Interior of car must be completely stripped with the exception of the instrument cluster and computer location.
- Driver must sit in factory stock location. All pedals must remain stock in the factory location. Floor pan must remain stock front to rear, with all rusted areas repaired using 22 gauge steel.
- Front firewall must remain stock with all holes covered with 20 gauge steel. Rear firewall must be sealed off completely with 20 gauge steel.
- Battery must remain stock. If mounted inside the car, the battery MUST be mounted in a STEEL box, bolted to the floor. BATTERY SHUTOFF SWITCH MAY BE REQUESTED.
- Front and rear bumper must remain in stock location. Bracing is permitted behind the bumper cover. No external bars permitted. One exterior rub rail may be used on each door. They must be mounted tight to body of car.
- Minimum weight WITH DRIVER IN CAR and no fuel added after race:
3.1 liter engines or smaller must be 2900 lbs.
3.1-3.4 liter engines must be 3000 lbs.
3.4 or larger engines must be 3300 lbs.
Left side weight will be no more the 54% of car with driver. Car weight must be posted on left side of hood.
- Competitive weight equalizer- 2 consecutive feature wins you must add 50 lbs. must be added to your actual weight as scaled following the second consecutive victory. Every win after you must add another 25 lbs to your actual scaled weight as scaled following the race. This location will be determined by track officials.
- Steering column must remain stock and car must start with key.
- Lift chains or cables on front and rear for towing.
- The wheelbase measurement on the right and left side of the car must be within 1/4 inch measured center of wheel to center of wheel
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION:
- Stock unaltered V6 engine and transmissions. Engine must match make and model. No turbo’s or superchargers. Maximum number of valves is 2 per cylinder. No 4-cam engines allowed.
- No antifreeze allowed.
- Only production automatic transmissions for the year and model allowed. No standard shift.
- Street Fuel, not more than 93 Octane SUNOCO Ultra, will be mandatory. No mixing/blending of fuels allowed. No additives allowed.
Fuel will be checked and subject to disqualification at the discretion of Speedway Officials.
- Stock fuel tanks and pumps mounted in factory stock location only. After market fuel cells are allowed. Must hold 12 gallons or less of fuel and have a bladder. Fuel cells must be safely mounted to the chassis in the rear trunk areal, behind the rear fire seat fire wall. After market in-line EFI fuel pumps allowed, must deliver fuel at the same pressure as the stock pump. All electric fuel pumps MUST have a clearly labeled shut off switch within reach of the track safety workers.
INTAKE AND EXHAUST:
- Stock air intake only . After market air filter elements may be used.
- Engine must use all factory intake and injectors for make and model with all factory sensors connected. NO aftermarket or special order items allowed.
- Exhaust must be factory stock manifolds with ONE outlet. One muffler or catalytic converter is required. Exhaust must be routed to the outside of the vehicle behind the driver. No dual exhaust.
- Factory stock ignition only. NO aftermarket computers of chips.
ROLL CAGE AND SAFETY:
- Minimum roll cage mounting will be 8 mounting points, with 4 mandatory 4 horizontal door bars and 3 vertical bars. Main cage supports must be attached to the floor with a 4″X 4″ plate that is 1/4 inch thick. The plate must be bolted and welded to the factory frame or floor. Each cage will be checked for a safe installation. Full cages are recommended. Use street stock section for the dimensions of the tubing and for installation help.
- Aluminum racing seats are mandatory. They will be mounted as stated in street stock section.
- Quick release five-point seat belts designed for racing is mandatory. All belts must conform to the street stock mounting specifications. All belts must have an identification tag. Age of safety belts to be determined at a later date.
- Padding will be required on all bars that come in contact with the driver. Steering wheel hub must be padded.
- Full coverage driver racing suit with an approved snell rated helmet will be required. Check the general safety rules for specifics.
- HANS AND HUTCHENS DEVICES WILL BE REQUIRED.
- Window net is required on drivers side. It must be 1 inch web with a quick-release mandatory.
- All teams must have and maintain a one-way radio/scanner for direct communication with the Spencer Speedway tower. This has helped with positioning and safety. Track radio-154.600
- Fire extinguisher must be mounted within reach of the driver and the track crew.
SUSPENSION AND BRAKES:
- No heavy duty or limited suspension parts allowed. No adjustable shocks or spring adjusters.
- Spring and shocks must be stock for make and model of car. No aftermarket springs. Brake rotors must be factory stock with stock pads, no heavy duty or limited production items. No brake bias adjustments.
- All brakes must be in working order and MUST work.
- Camber setting allowed are negative one degree on th LF and LR, positive 10 degrees on the RF and positive one degree on the RR.
- Caster may not be adjusted by modifying the strut brackets in any way. This is a safety issue !!
- All brake fluid lines and hoses must be in inspectable condition. Anti lock systems may be removed.
TIRES AND WHEELS:
- Tire size will be the standard size for make and model with tread wear of 300. No over size tires. Tires must be the same size on all 4 wheels. If your car came with 16″ wheels, 16 inch wheels will be allowed for cars with large calipers, 215-60-R16 tires only with 300 tread wear can only be used for 16 inch wheels and 215-60-R15 for 15 inch wheels.
- Wheels must be steel only. No aluminum wheels will be permitted. All 4 wheels must be the same offsets. No spacers or adapters.
- Firestone Firehawks are not allowed.