Super Stock Rules
Revised 2/1/2017 Super Stock Rules
As a Creative way to build fan recognition, teams are encouraged to design there paint scheme as racing heroes of yesterday. Allison, Petty, Earnhardt, Wallace …ect… Boldly display your major sponsor across the rear quarter panel in similar fashion to the ‘Big Boys’. Participate in the promotion of this division, and let’s build it back up, with a team effort.
1. Open to all two door North American made steel bodied passenger cars with 112-108 inch wheel base minimum. Longer factory correct frames may be shortened to minimum wheelbase. No pony or sports cars, Camaros, Firebirds, or Mustangs. Rear wheel drive bodies only. Steel Panels may be reproduced to configure to OEM body style
2. Car body and overall appearance must retain similar stock dimensions. Altered, unapproved body lines will be significant reason for disqualification. The body may not be lower than the frame. The body must be mounted in the original factory stock location in relation to the frame. Steel body may be aftermarket, but retain rear wheel drive appearance, hung properly according to rules
3. All glass, except windshield, must be removed. Glass windshield must have four, 3 inch tabs (2 on top, 2 on the bottom) and two inner center braces. Windshield recommended to be replaced with Poly carbonate / Lexan. Must be full windshield. No rear window allowed, sides may not exceed 25% closure of opening, ‘C’ pillar window may be filled.
4. Doors must be welded or securely fastened front and back. Door skins may be fabricated but must maintain factory body lines. 1” maximum door bar allowed tight to body
5. 4”x 60”max rear spoiler, stock or after market . No additional air enhancement devices. Supports may be located on back side
6. Interior of car must be completely stripped. Driver must sit in stock position, pedals must be in stock location. Floors must be minimum 18 gauge steel. 1/8 plate steel recommended under driver. Floor may be raised for clearance of exhaust on passenger side. Maximum height no higher than factory hump. No tunneling or cockpit allowed
7. Trunk floor is to be cut from frame rail to frame rail, back to the spring pockets to accommodate the fuel cell. Fuel cell and battery should be located as far away from each other as possible
8. Front firewall must have all holes covered with no less than 20 gauge steel and must remain in original position and location. Rear firewall must be completely closed off from trunk compartment with 18 gauge steel minimum, which must be riveted or welded. No metal screws, no aluminum allowed.
9. Windshield to firewall must be sealed off from engine compartment. Hood must be within approved tight relationship to cowl.
10. Body webbing and inner fender panels may be removed.
11. Front and rear bumpers must be in original location. No bracing outside of the bumpers. Tube type bumpers must be covered with stock type bumper cover
12. Frame . Frame must remain stock form front of steering box ( front steer) to rear kick-up over rear axle. Factory frame may be X braced and boxed. 2 x 3 x .120 wall tube may be used to repair rear clips from center line of rear axle back only. ). No holes or modifications for fuel pump clearances or other. Transmission crossmember support may be fabricated. Lower A-arm mounts must not be modified
Unibody cars allowed at discretion of tech officials. Front and rear frame sections must be tied together with 2” x 3” x .120 wall tubing in a secure manner, stock floor pans of unibody cars must remain intact.
13. One Battery measuring 13.5 volts will be permitted. It must be securely anchored and mounted outside the driver’s compartment but not behind rear axle.
1. Stock, unaltered engine and transmission combination must be within chassis as factory item, including all engine accessories except air filters, pulleys, valve covers and oil pan.
2. No 6 cyl. engines allowed. All engines must be standard production pre-1987 heads and blocks and have stock external and internal measurements, except for maximum 0.060 overbore
3. Engine displacement maximum, must match make and model of car used. GM: 350 cubic inches up to 0.060 overbore. Ford: 351 cubic inches up to 0.060 overbore. Chrysler: 360 cubic inches up to 0.060 overbore.
4. Only stock production OEM crankshafts will be permitted or Scat 9-35034805700
Stock stroke only- no stroking or de-stroking. Example; GM 350 Stroke 3.480 No lightening of crankshaft will be permitted. No cutting or trimming of counterweights. Normal balancing only. No external modifications allowed.
5. OEM production type rods and crank. OEM Production Block only.
6. Stock production OEM cast iron heads only. Heads must have stock internal and external measurements. No porting, polishing, grinding, filling or blending of any kind. No undercutting of valves allowed. Stock valve stem diameter only, max. valve size 2.02 intake and 1.6 exhaust. No center bolt style heads, no bowtie or angle plug heads allowed. Heat riser port may be blocked.
7. Maximum compression ratio is 9.5:1. – Vehicle min. weight 3100
Compression greater than 9.5:1 to max 10.0:1 – Vehicle min. weight 3200
*NOTE add 100lbs for 9”floater rearend
Compression will be checked with the Whistler.
8. Solid magnetic steel forged OEM rods or sportsman rods only. No billet rods. Sportsman rods must have forging mark or identification marks on side of rod beam. Must be true sportsman rod. Call for list of acceptable rods if not certain. Only acceptable length is 5.7 inches.
9. Hydraulic cam shaft only. No roller cams, roller lifters, or solid tappets allowed. Cams lift is not restricted. Lifter must remain stock diameter.
10. Roller rocker and girdles allowed. Chevy 1.5, Ford 1.6. No shaft rocker arms
11. An inspection plug is optional on the left side of the oil pan. The inspection hole must be a minimum of 1 ¼” I.D. It must be 9 ½ inches from the rear block face to the center line of the inspection hole and 1 ¼ inches from oil pan rail. There will not be any obstruction of view from the inspection hole to the crank and rods. If there is some reason that the tech inspector can not see what we wants to see Oil pan will be removed.
12. No coating of any engine components.
13. Mounting of engine – steel or rubber mounts acceptable. Rubber mounted engines must be chained down for safety. Engine must be in stock location with a minimum crank / center height of (15) fifteen inches to the ground. Front spark plugs must be located within 1” of centerline of upper ball joints
14. IMPORTANT: No cross breeding or interchanging of engine parts. All components must have been available on a two barrel, small block motor from the factory. No special order components.
CARBORATOR / INTAKE
1. Unaltered Holley #4412 500CFM (No HP) carburetor must be used, choke plate may be removed, Carburetor must retain stock unaltered choke housing. Choke plate, shaft and screws may be removed. One and three eights (1 3/8) inch venturi size maximum allowed and up to one and eleven sixteenths (1 11/16) inches throttle plate’ Venturi booster cluster must have stock unaltered inserts (No big block or marine boosters allowed). Throttle shaft and butterfly mounting bolts unaltered.
Metallic fuel filters only, no plastic.
2. Adapter plate must not exceed 1” . Standard gaskets only. Intake and carburetor and may not be altered to enhance air flow. Air cleaner /filter must be run at all times.
Air cleaner may be offset but must be secured not to spin, this may effect throttle return.
3. Edelbrock Performer 2101 is the only intake manifold permitted. 2101 must retain internal and external measurements. Intake must be today’s production style. No truck or marine manifolds allowed. No alterations or modifications to manifolds allowed. No coatings allowed on or in manifold with the exception of paint only on exterior surface. Maximum bore of 1.732.
1.Only stock OEM ignition allowed. No dual points allowed. Coil must remain in stock location and be stock appearing. Rev limiters permitted.
2. Car must have self- starter in working order at beginning of event. Vehicle may be push started due to component failure during event
Must be copper, brass and aluminum stock type. 1 unit, mounted in stock location.
No antifreeze.(Fines will be issued… $50 first infraction ) Water only!!
Cool/lubricant additive may be used.
1. Stock production, 2 speed or 3 speed automatic transmissions are allowed. No high performance of special order transmission is allowed. No modifying of transmission in any manner is allowed. All gears must be in working order.
2. Torque converter must be stock type in working order. No Vega or similar small torque converters allowed.
3. Stock OEM unaltered 3 or 4 speed manual transmissions allowed only. All gears must be in working order. No light weight gears or shafts
4. Stock diameter steel flywheel and clutch components only. (10 ½” min).
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Steel safety / racing wheels only. Must have a maximum width of eight inches x 15 dia
2. No bead lock rims allowed
3. American Racer EC31 is the official series/track tire. Tires may be purchased new from WCIS/TTI or used from fellow WCIS Competitors
4. Minimum durometer is determined by the average of all tested tires of the specific event. No tire may durometer less than 5 points below the test average or 52pts. Testing may be done at any time to ensure equality.
5. Maximum width 78” measured outside to outside of tires.
6. Tires may not be altered in anyway. No tire treatments, tires may be impounded and tested at any time. Tires will be subject to an adhesion test
1. All suspension components must be in original location. All parts not specifically noted, must be stock for make and model, no heavy duty or limited production. Racing springs may be used, however, they must be of the same design as the original equipment and must mount in original spring mounting bracket position and location, ( min 5”Dia.) Only four springs are allowed per car and must be stock in appearance. Coil springs may be cut to optimal ride height.
2. No externally adjustable shocks. Front may be in stock mounting holes or externally mounted as close to stock location as possible. Rear must be in stock location. Shocks may be steel, rod end style.
3. Front sway bar must be standard factory production type. In factory location and mount (rubber may be removed or replaced with neoprene type). Stock frame mounting only. No rear sway bar allowed. No Howe bars.
4. A minimum of 6” frame ground clearance will be measured at the frame rail behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel.
5. Adjustable spring spacers allowed. Must be safety wired in.
6. Reinforcement of front upper control arms allowed. Tubular front upper arms permitted, upper mounting location may be modified.
7. Front lower control arms; must be in original OEM position. Replacement Neoprene bushing allowed. No offset or bearing type bushings in control arms.
8. Jacking bolts allowed in front and rear centerline of stock spring location. Adjuster cups allowed in front suspension.
9. Rear suspension mounting points must be unaltered 4-link measurements . Steel or polyurethane bushings may be used. Trailing arms may be tubular, rod end, adjustable within 1 “ stock length. Chassis mount locations must remain stock to accept factory 4-link.
10. Weights must be securely fastened to the frame. No weights mounted in the driver’s compartment. Unless secured in steel tube and permanently welded. Bolted weights must be painted white, be lettered with an “SS” and car number. No weight is to be mounted below the frame rails, or below fuel cell. Weights must be solid bar (min 5 lbs) No steel or lead pellets.
1. Locked rear ends only. May run after market axles. OEM carrier only. No ratchet or after market carriers (see Ford Section 3). Steel Mini-spool may be used. No full spools allowed. Full floating axels allowed with 100 lb weight disadvantage (see specified weight based on engine compression)
2. Gear rule: WCIS / SST Requires no Gear Rule, but rules may be required at certain tracks to institute max ratio and maintain RPM Limits
3. 8.5 or 9” Ford rear end may be used in GM vehicles. All mounting locations must be stock design of factory GM mounting. No full spools allowed.
1. Stock OEM brakes are mandatory on all four wheels and must be in 100% working order. No heavy duty or limited production parts.
2. After market dual master cylinders may be used, mounted as close to stock position as possible
3. OEM Cast iron disc brake components may be used. Aftermarket steel hats with .810 or 1.25 steel rotors may be used. No drilled or cooling grooves allowed.
1. Car must have a complete, full roll cage around the driver that must be welded to the frame. Tubing for roll cages must be 1 ¾ inches outside diameter and must be made of steel. Minimum wall thickness of roll cage tubing is 0.090.
2. There must be at least three horizontal and three vertical bars within the driver’s door. There must be at least two horizontal and two vertical bars within any remaining doors. Gussets are recommended for added strength.
3. Blewett Style extra head bar is highly recommended vertically in backside of drivers side window opening.
3. All roll bars, side bars or other protrusions that driver may come in contact with must be properly padded with approved roll bar padding.
4. Drivers side door plates are strongly recommended.
SEATS AND SHOULDER HARNESS
1. All seats must be aluminum and have head rests or high back seat. Seat must be attached to roll cage and frame. Back of seat must be mounted to the roll cage. Seat must be secured with a minimum of 6 grade 5×3/8 bolts with flat washers
2. You must use a minimum three inch, quick release 5 point restraint system. A two inch wide crotch strap is mandatory. All safety belts must be no more than five years old, and have readable identification tag.
3. Shoulder harness must be connected to the roll cage according to manufacturer specifications. All lap belts must be mounted behind the seat and attached to the roll cage according to manufacturer specifications.
4. All cars must have stock collapsible steering shafts or least two (2) universals. Borgeson collapsible shaft is highly recommended. Quick release steering wheel mandatory. No plastic steering components.
1. All cars must have a fuel cell 22 gallons maximum. Cells must contain foam inserts. Plastic cells are permitted but must be enclosed in a steel container made of a minimum 22 gauge steel
2. Fuel cell must be mounted within 2” of the center of trunk. Bottom of cell must not be lower than the centerline of the rear axle. Fuel cell must be securely fastened.
3. Fuel cell support must be a minimum of 1” dia. 095’ material.
MUFFLERS / EXHAUST
1. Stock production OEM passenger car cast iron exhaust manifolds allowed. No altering of manifolds, no grinding, no acid dipping, or enlarging allowed. 2 ½ maximum OEM center dump manifolds allowed.
2. 1 5/8 street type headers allowed, without alterations. No header wrap, no step style, aluminum or stainless steel. No cross over or 180’ degree headers
3. All cars must retain maximum decibel 95 at 100 feet. Mufflers not required
4. 3 inch diameter maximum exhaust pipe must exit behind/ outside driver compartment. X-pipe or H-pipe may be used
GENERAL *See General Rules for additional safety parameters
1. Radiator must have an overflow can, one (1) gallon minimum. no anti-freeze permitted. ($50 fine for first offence compounded each additional infraction)
2. No oil coolers are allowed in driver’s compartment.
3. Driver side window net with a quick release mechanism is mandatory. Quick release with plastic parts not permitted.
4. Steel drive shafts only. Drive shafts and universals must be similar to standard production type. Steel 360 degree retainer loops ¼ inch thick by 2 inches wide minimum, must be positioned at the front and rear of shaft, within 12 inches of each U joint.
5. Overall car minimum weigh must be maintained at all times ( see engine compression for specifications). The car will be weighed with driver located in seat. No allowance for gas/water after race. Maximum 56% left side weight. Reduction of left side weight and/or overall weight disadvantages may be instituted individually to better equalize the competition.
6. 2” rise hood scoop allowed. No air boxes of any kind. Hoods must be flush to windshield, no openings.
7. Racing fuel may be used, no additives. No oxygen enriched fuel. No additives. Fuel must pass test (s) of Tech inspectors.
8. Boldly labeled fuel and electrical safety shut off switches are to be in reach of driver and safety crew.
9. Mirrors allowed. 28 sq inches max. and will be removed on an individual basis by track officials if used for the wrong reason.
10. Throttle: All linkage must be solid type for safety. Two springs mandatory. Toe strap mandatory.
11. All offset air cleaners must be fastened to keep from spinning and jamming throttle open.
12. One inch square tube side rail allowed. Must be mounted tight to door skin with rounded ends.
13. SST Official decisions & Scales are final
OVER COMPETITIVE RACE CARS
The idea behind this division is to keep chassis and engines as stock as possible in order to hold expenses down. While the above rules offer a good outline, every item cannot be covered by a written rule. If you want to run anything not covered in the rules above, ask first! The officials and management reserve the right to adjust rules to make the class more competitive ( 50# Weight disadvantage after 2 wins, 25# per additional win)Teams with different Home track rules may be accessed and penalized with a disadvantage to equal out competition as the division is developed. Be patient and have fun.